10,000 Hotmail accounts hacked
MORE than 10,000 Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, it was reported yesterday.Microsoft, which owns the email service, said it had not yet been able to confirm the report, but it was “actively investigating the situation.
MORE than 10,000 Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, it was reported yesterday.
Microsoft, which owns the email service, said it had not yet been able to confirm the report, but it was “actively investigating the situation.”
Technology blog neowin.net reported that an anonymous user had posted the details of Windows Live Hotmail accounts on pastebin.com, a site used by developers to share code, on October 1.
Neowin said that the accounts, mostly based in Europe started from A and runs through B, suggesting there may be further lists.
You may also want to watch:
The affected accounts include @hotmail.com, @msn.com and @live.com.
Users are being advised to change their passwords and security information immediately.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles