£200,000 refurbishment project completed at Bungay Pool and Gym
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a leisure centre are rejoicing after a £200,000 refurbishment project was completed.
The new look fitness suit has been created at Bungay Pool and Gym, in St John’s Road, thanks to funding from Sentinel Leisure Trust, Waveney District Council (WDC) and Pulse Fitness.
Sentinel Leisure Trust took over operational management of the facility in 2011 and are now giving it a new lease of life.
Stuart Everett, managing director of Sentinel, said: “After a very successful five years at Bungay Pool and Gym we are excited to make this important investment for our loyal members and future members to come.”
As a charitable trust, Sentinel reinvests proceeds and profits into the health and wellbeing of the community.
You may also want to watch:
The project was designed to encourage participation from individuals living in the more rural areas of the community.
The investment includes state of the art cardiovascular, resistance and plate loaded Pulse Fitness equipment – integrated using the newly developed Pulse Move cloud system for fitness programmes and workouts.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
It also includes new flooring, decoration and a new entrance foyer environment.
Graham Catchpole, chairman of the joint board between Sentinel and the WDC, said: “As owners of the facility, we are delighted to be in a position where we can invest in this high quality project and improve the service on offer to local people.
“We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our communities throughout the Waveney district and this is exactly what our partnership with Sentinel as a local charity is intended to deliver –investment in local services and facilities for the benefit of the people we represent.”
To celebrate the reopening of the new Bungay Pool and Gym Fitness Suite, Sentinel and Waveney are inviting the local community to enjoy a free day pass to experience the new facility.
Anyone interested in taking up the invitation can email the leisure centre at email@example.com or contact the site team on 01986 895014 to collect a free day pass and book in a fast track induction.
The offer ends on Saturday, October 30.
Have you got a Bungay story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 525832.