The family of a missing man say they are "worried sick" for him as the search for the 80-year-old entered its third day with police scouring the River Waveney.

Brian Horide, 80, was last seen between 10.45am and 11.15am on Tuesday in the Northgate area of Beccles.

His family say police have told them that they have managed to find fresh CCTV footage of Mr Horide at Beccles Quay, crossing the bridge, walking towards the sailing club.

Mr Horide's son, Mark, lives in Plymouth and arrived in Beccles on Wednesday morning after making the seven-hour journey to help his family, who still live in and around the town, search for his father.

Beccles & Bungay Journal: Brian HorideBrian Horide (Image: Suffolk police)

He said: "We are all heartbroken and worried sick for my father's welfare, but we are all doing our best to remain positive.

"I really hope that we can jog somebody's memory who may have seen him walking or we can find some fresh information which leads to finding him safely.

"We do not believe that he would not have stayed away unless he could not get back, I really hope he is not suffering and believe he can come home safely."

Beccles & Bungay Journal: Brian Horide was last seen at 10.35am this morning. Brian Horide was last seen at 10.35am this morning. (Image: Suffolk Police)

Mark said that he and his mum - who has been married to Mr Horide 61 years this year - and sisters and other friends and family had hired a boat to search the River Waveney themselves.

"It has been a rough few days to say the least and the days are becoming jumbled up, but as I said we really hope somebody can come forward with information," he said.

"I want to say a big thank you to the community for their support, the police too who are tirelessly searching.

"This afternoon police have been using sonar on the river drones, and specialist search units, it is really incredible and we just want him home."

Beccles & Bungay Journal: The area the family say he was seen on CCTVThe area the family say he was seen on CCTV (Image: Bruno Brown)

A man, who wished to remain unnamed, has been moored at the quay since Monday.

He said he has seen police boats and specialist units on the river since Wednesday morning.

“There have been loads of police boats coming and going. I’ve been approached by many people walking past asking what is going on, it feels like the whole town is concerned for Brian’s welfare,” he said.

“It is really worrying and I hope for his family he can be found, and God forbid, found alive.
“Police told me when they were here that their searches have extended as far along the river as Geldeston.”

READ MORE: Photos show damage to Norwich City footballer's Range Rover after 'drink drive' crash

READ MORE: Drama on the dunes as coastal erosion row sees children shot at

READ MORE: 'Lazy police' still searching for crash driver... after he ignored their letter

Mr Horide is described as white and approximately 5ft 6ins tall, with white thinning hair.

He was wearing a navy blue jumper, lighter blue trousers, a pair of bright grey trainers, glasses and two hearing aids.

Officers are concerned for Mr Horide's wellbeing and are asking members of the public to check their sheds, outbuildings and gardens and review their CCTV, Ring doorbell and dashcam footage for any sightings.

People who have seen him or know of his whereabouts should call 101, or 999 in emergencies.