A landmark exhibition in Norwich for a Waveney artist
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles artist is having a landmark exhibition to celebrate his 40th solo exhibition.
John Patchett’s latest exhibition opens on Monday at The Forum in Norwich and ends on Sunday, August 3.
John will be in attendance throughout the exhibition, where he is more than happy to talk about his work and sign copies of his new book, entitled “Painting from the Heart”.
He describes his work as sitting squarely between impressionism and mainstream landscape tradition.
Because of his experience of painting with oils and acrylics, he uses pastels very much as a “painting” medium and has developed a technique, which builds up numerous layers of transparent and opaque colour, creating rich and diverse results.
You may also want to watch:
John tries to paint, as much as possible, on location and try to express my love of light, mood and atmosphere whenever and wherever possible. At selected times in the afternoons John will share some of his creative secrets.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase