A landmark exhibition in Norwich for a Waveney artist
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles artist is having a landmark exhibition to celebrate his 40th solo exhibition.
John Patchett’s latest exhibition opens on Monday at The Forum in Norwich and ends on Sunday, August 3.
John will be in attendance throughout the exhibition, where he is more than happy to talk about his work and sign copies of his new book, entitled “Painting from the Heart”.
He describes his work as sitting squarely between impressionism and mainstream landscape tradition.
Because of his experience of painting with oils and acrylics, he uses pastels very much as a “painting” medium and has developed a technique, which builds up numerous layers of transparent and opaque colour, creating rich and diverse results.
You may also want to watch:
John tries to paint, as much as possible, on location and try to express my love of light, mood and atmosphere whenever and wherever possible. At selected times in the afternoons John will share some of his creative secrets.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles