A landmark exhibition in Norwich for a Waveney artist
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles artist is having a landmark exhibition to celebrate his 40th solo exhibition.
John Patchett’s latest exhibition opens on Monday at The Forum in Norwich and ends on Sunday, August 3.
John will be in attendance throughout the exhibition, where he is more than happy to talk about his work and sign copies of his new book, entitled “Painting from the Heart”.
He describes his work as sitting squarely between impressionism and mainstream landscape tradition.
Because of his experience of painting with oils and acrylics, he uses pastels very much as a “painting” medium and has developed a technique, which builds up numerous layers of transparent and opaque colour, creating rich and diverse results.
You may also want to watch:
John tries to paint, as much as possible, on location and try to express my love of light, mood and atmosphere whenever and wherever possible. At selected times in the afternoons John will share some of his creative secrets.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 10 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge