A12 closed and homes may be evacuated after gas leak
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Emergency services have been called to the A12 at Wangford in Suffolk this afternoon after a serious gas leak.
The A12 is closed in both directions and a 60m cordon is in place around the affected gas main.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said that they were awaiting the arrival of Cadent to look at the situation further.
He said it was a possibility that there may need to be some evacuations in the area but that this would be decided upon Cadent's advice.
Six fire crews from across north and east Suffolk were called to the incident.
Suffolk police are also on the scene.
No casualties have been reported.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 3 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 10 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend