Man dies following collision on A12
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man in his 40s has died following a serious road traffic collision in Frostenden.
Police were called at just after 8am on Thursday, March 4 to reports of a three-vehicle collision on the A12.
Ambulance and fire crews were also called to the incident, which involved a beige DAF lorry, a white Mercedes lorry and a black Audi A6.
The driver of the Mercedes lorry – a man aged in his 40s – died at the scene.
The A12 near the crossroads at Barnaby Green remained closed until around 4.45pm while a collision investigation was conducted and for recovery of all three vehicles to take place.
Any witnesses, or anyone driving in the area at around 8am with a dashcam in their vehicle, are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting reference CAD 54 of March 4.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 7 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched