Busy road blocked after caravan fire
- Credit: Google Maps
The A143 in Ellingham is blocked following a caravan fire.
Police and the fire service were both called to the incident on Saturday at 10.42am.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police confirmed that the road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues.
He said: "Norfolk Police mobilised one unit to the scene of a caravan fire on the A143 bypass in Ellingham.
"The road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues."
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police also mobilised one unit to the scene.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed they are at the scene dealing with the fire.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
She said: "Two fire engines are dealing with a caravan fire on the A143 bypass at Ellingham in Norfolk.
"Firefighters are using three breathing apparatus, one hose reel, jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire."
Two fire engines from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have also been called to the scene.
Traffic on the road is expected to ease shortly.