Busy road blocked after caravan fire
- Credit: Google Maps
The A143 in Ellingham is blocked following a caravan fire.
Police and the fire service were both called to the incident on Saturday at 10.42am.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police confirmed that the road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues.
He said: "Norfolk Police mobilised one unit to the scene of a caravan fire on the A143 bypass in Ellingham.
"The road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues."
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police also mobilised one unit to the scene.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed they are at the scene dealing with the fire.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
She said: "Two fire engines are dealing with a caravan fire on the A143 bypass at Ellingham in Norfolk.
"Firefighters are using three breathing apparatus, one hose reel, jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire."
Two fire engines from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have also been called to the scene.
Traffic on the road is expected to ease shortly.