Busy road blocked after caravan fire
- Credit: Google Maps
The A143 in Ellingham is blocked following a caravan fire.
Police and the fire service were both called to the incident on Saturday at 10.42am.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police confirmed that the road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues.
He said: "Norfolk Police mobilised one unit to the scene of a caravan fire on the A143 bypass in Ellingham.
"The road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues."
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police also mobilised one unit to the scene.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed they are at the scene dealing with the fire.
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
She said: "Two fire engines are dealing with a caravan fire on the A143 bypass at Ellingham in Norfolk.
"Firefighters are using three breathing apparatus, one hose reel, jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire."
Two fire engines from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have also been called to the scene.
Traffic on the road is expected to ease shortly.