Busy road blocked after caravan fire
- Credit: Google Maps
The A143 in Ellingham is blocked following a caravan fire.
Police and the fire service were both called to the incident on Saturday at 10.42am.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police confirmed that the road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues.
He said: "Norfolk Police mobilised one unit to the scene of a caravan fire on the A143 bypass in Ellingham.
"The road is temporarily blocked due to visibility issues."
Suffolk Police also mobilised one unit to the scene.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed they are at the scene dealing with the fire.
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 4 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
She said: "Two fire engines are dealing with a caravan fire on the A143 bypass at Ellingham in Norfolk.
"Firefighters are using three breathing apparatus, one hose reel, jets and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire."
Two fire engines from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have also been called to the scene.
Traffic on the road is expected to ease shortly.