Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- Credit: Google Maps
A "worn out" road will be resurfaced next month, with the road set to be closed overnight.
The work, which will cost around £40,000, is due to begin on Monday, July 5, on the A143 Broome Bypass and the B1332 Norwich Road roundabout at Ditchingham.
A spokesperson for Norfolk County Council, whose community and environmental services department and their contactors will be carrying out the work, said: "The works will see the old worn out road surface removed and replaced with a new smooth surface.
"The work is being carried out overnight in order to minimise disruption on this busy section of the network.
"To ensure the work can be completed swiftly and safely a section of B1332 Norwich Road will need to be closed from its junction with the roundabout for a distance of 50m and a section of Ditchingham Dam will also need to be closed from its junction with the roundabout for a distance of 50m."
You may also want to watch:
The closure will be in force from 7pm until 6am for two nights, but access to all properties and businesses will be maintained and signalled diversion routes in place.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 More than 150 people enjoy town's first ever Pride event
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
- 7 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 8 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 New signs to be installed after grandmother killed crossing A143