Disruption expected as date for major road resurfacing is set
- Credit: Archant
Drivers could face delays as major resurfacing works, costing more than £60,000, are carried out along a busy commuter road.
Work to replace the worn out road along A146 Norwich Road near Beccles and A143 roundabout at Gillingham will take place between Wednesday, September 12, and Friday, September 14.
To minimise disruption, work is being carried out overnight, from 7pm to 6am, and is expected to take three nights to complete - subject to suitable weather conditions.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: “During the resurfacing works traffic will controlled using temporary traffic signals only whilst works are in progress. Access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained.
“The County Council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing worn out road surface are carried out.”
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost £63,000 and will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney