Disruption expected as date for major road resurfacing is set
- Credit: Archant
Drivers could face delays as major resurfacing works, costing more than £60,000, are carried out along a busy commuter road.
Work to replace the worn out road along A146 Norwich Road near Beccles and A143 roundabout at Gillingham will take place between Wednesday, September 12, and Friday, September 14.
To minimise disruption, work is being carried out overnight, from 7pm to 6am, and is expected to take three nights to complete - subject to suitable weather conditions.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: “During the resurfacing works traffic will controlled using temporary traffic signals only whilst works are in progress. Access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained.
“The County Council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing worn out road surface are carried out.”
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost £63,000 and will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles