Afternoon of festive fun planned for Halesworth
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
An afternoon of festive fun and frolics is in store for the Halesworth Christmas switch on, with entertainment as the sun goes down and the lights go on.
On Saturday, November 25, the festivities begin with a performance from the Oxblood Molly Dancers, who will be dancing in the streets from 3.15pm.
There will then be a musical performance from the Festival Voices, who will be singing a host of carols from 3.45pm.
From 5pm, the traditional Christmas procession will see Father Christmas and his sleigh joined by the Royal British Legion’s Leiston branch, parading from the library to St Mary’s Church. Santa will then be available to meet youngsters in his grotto for just £1.
At around 5.15pm, scarecrow competition winner Alexander Collier, eight, will lead the countdown and switch on the lights.
You may also want to watch:
There will then be more live music from Vickes and the Kicks and The Blues Band.
- 1 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 2 Award-winning Suffolk farm announces first ever pop-up restaurant
- 3 Kind-hearted man donates money to vital oxygen therapy centre
- 4 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
- 5 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 6 New day care centre set to open in former Methodist church
- 7 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women