Afternoon of festive fun planned for Halesworth
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
An afternoon of festive fun and frolics is in store for the Halesworth Christmas switch on, with entertainment as the sun goes down and the lights go on.
On Saturday, November 25, the festivities begin with a performance from the Oxblood Molly Dancers, who will be dancing in the streets from 3.15pm.
There will then be a musical performance from the Festival Voices, who will be singing a host of carols from 3.45pm.
From 5pm, the traditional Christmas procession will see Father Christmas and his sleigh joined by the Royal British Legion’s Leiston branch, parading from the library to St Mary’s Church. Santa will then be available to meet youngsters in his grotto for just £1.
At around 5.15pm, scarecrow competition winner Alexander Collier, eight, will lead the countdown and switch on the lights.
You may also want to watch:
There will then be more live music from Vickes and the Kicks and The Blues Band.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk