Youngsters raise almost £1,000 for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
A team of determined school children from Beccles completed a 5K obstacle course to raise almost £1,000 for those battling cancer.
Six girls from Albert Pye Community Primary School’s Year 6 class took part in Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life Pretty Muddy in Norwich last month.
In total the youngsters; Rosie, Charlotte, Sophie, Tilly, Violet and Gabby, managed to raise £860 for the charity.
They said: “It was a 5K run with muddy obstacles at different points along the way.
“There were pools of mud, nets to crawl under, an elasticated maze, hurdles to climb over whilst carrying mud and a giant slide into a huge mud pool.
You may also want to watch:
“Many people from all over the country took part in several different races.”
They added: “We all enjoyed this race very much and it was an amazing experience. We hope to do it next year and we are also encouraging others to do it too.”
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade