Healthcare trust sites visited by miniature donkeys
- Credit: All Hallows
A healthcare trust has arranged for two of its centres to be visited by some VIDs - very important donkeys.
Patients and residents at All Hallows Daycare Centre in Ditchingham and All Hallows Nursing Home in Bungay have both been visited by social enterprise Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing.
The enterprise, which was founded by Sarah McPherson following the death of her mother, sees miniature donkeys pay therapeutic visits to the elderly and those suffering from dementia.
Donkeys Bo Peep and Pixie delighted their hosts as they visited on Wednesday, December 13.
An All Hallows spokesman said: “This was a fantastic occasion which brought so much joy to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“Even the most reserved clients and residents didn’t want Bo Peep and Pixie to leave.”
The same afternoon, children and staff from Ditchingham Primary School visited the daycare centre clients and residents of St Edmund’s at All Hallows Hospital, singing Christmas carols to spread some festive cheer.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 7 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day