Healthcare trust sites visited by miniature donkeys
- Credit: All Hallows
A healthcare trust has arranged for two of its centres to be visited by some VIDs - very important donkeys.
Patients and residents at All Hallows Daycare Centre in Ditchingham and All Hallows Nursing Home in Bungay have both been visited by social enterprise Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing.
The enterprise, which was founded by Sarah McPherson following the death of her mother, sees miniature donkeys pay therapeutic visits to the elderly and those suffering from dementia.
Donkeys Bo Peep and Pixie delighted their hosts as they visited on Wednesday, December 13.
An All Hallows spokesman said: “This was a fantastic occasion which brought so much joy to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“Even the most reserved clients and residents didn’t want Bo Peep and Pixie to leave.”
The same afternoon, children and staff from Ditchingham Primary School visited the daycare centre clients and residents of St Edmund’s at All Hallows Hospital, singing Christmas carols to spread some festive cheer.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham