Petition to save All Hallows Healthcare Trust passes 5,000 signatures
- Credit: Archant
More than 5,000 people have now backed calls to save All Hallows Healthcare Trust, after bosses announced financial difficulties left the future of services in doubt.
The trust runs services in Ditchingham, Bungay and Lowestoft, including a hospital, nursing home, home care and day care services, providing care to 250 people each day, while the planned closure puts 280 jobs at risk.
After 2,000 people signed the petition, on Change.org, within the first 24 hours, the number of supporters continues to rise.
Jenny Keeler launched the petition to support her step-sister’s father who heavily relies on the service.
She said: “The response clearly shows the passion of local people and the need for this service.
You may also want to watch:
“The news came as a shock. At the end of the day it is a service that many people rely on locally.
“They offer care for patients under 65 when a lot of places in our area don’t.”
- 1 Kind-hearted man donates money to vital oxygen therapy centre
- 2 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 3 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 4 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
- 5 New day care centre set to open in former Methodist church
- 6 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Award-winning Suffolk farm announces first ever pop-up restaurant
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
The calls have also been backed by this newspaper.
Andrew Fitchett, coastal editor, said: “We’re throwing our weight behind this petition to show the strength of feeling there is, not just from those directly affected, but also among the wider community.
“Losing the service is nothing short of a disaster for those who use it, and it’s essential we do not stand by and let it close without a fight.
“I’d urge everyone to sign the petition and share it far and wide.”
To sign the petition, go to: www.change.org/p/andy-evans-save-all-hallows-hospital-healthcare-services-from-closure