Talented youngsters bring joy to care home with magical performance
- Credit: Archant
A troupe of talented young performers recreated the magic of an iconic musical during a special performance at a residential care home.
Bungay’s Fisher Youth Theatre Group (FYTG) performed songs from ‘The Wizard of Oz’ at All Hallows Care Home, Ditchingham, last week.
Care home residents enjoyed impressive renditions of songs such as ‘Ding Dong the Witch is Dead” and “If I only had a Brain” from the young cast, whose ages range from seven to 12.
Luci Bedwell-Lee said: “As a group, the FYTG are keen to promote intergenerational connections within our community.
“It was a beautiful experience for both groups involved. The children really did enjoy themselves and you could see the pleasure and enjoyment on the faces of residents and their carers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shared happy experience”
At seven-years-old Esme Golder is one of the group’s youngest members and told of the fun had by all at the event.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
She said: “It was lovely; everyone was smiling a singing along.
“Everyone knew the words. One of the ladies was 102-years-old and she was chatting to us and sang us a song as well.”
The young performers will be appearing in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ at The Fisher Theatre, in Broad Street, from Wednesday, May 30, to Saturday, June 2.
The community theatre recently announced Musker McIntyre Estate Agents as a ‘Gold Sponsor’ with a newly-named ‘Musker McIntyre Box’ unveiled in its auditorium.
Operations manager Cory Minns said: “It is difficult now to imagine life in the area without the vibrant Fisher Theatre.
“It is the beating heart of the Bungay community, providing a platform and outlet for the arts, as well as being an invaluable community space.
“We are excited to have Musker McIntyre be part of our ‘Fisher-family’ here at the theatre.”
Sandra Selwyn, a theatre trustee, was likewise overjoyed with news of the sponsorship and said: “We are so please to have this dynamic company on board as a sponsor.”
Tickets for FYTG’ ‘The Wizard of Oz’ are available now by calling the theatre box office on 01986 897 130 or visiting www.fishertheatre.org