Anger after weeks without street lights
RESIDENTS of a Beccles road have voiced their anger after being left without street lighting for several weeks. People living in Station Road have called for an explanation and described the situation as “unacceptable”.
RESIDENTS of a Beccles road have voiced their anger after being left without street lighting for several weeks.
People living in Station Road have called for an explanation and described the situation as “unacceptable”.
Last night an EDF Energy spokesman apologised for any inconvenience and said that its engineers were working to fix the problem caused by a suspected fault with the power supply.
Dr Suzanne Powrie, who lives in Station Road, said that walking at night had been made difficult because of the lack of lights and added that matters had not been helped by the closure of level crossings in the town as this had increased the traffic flow on the A-class road.
You may also want to watch:
In an e-mail to Waveney District Council leader Mark Bee and Waveney MP Bob Blizzard she said: “I think this is completely unacceptable and the residents of the street are entitled to an explanation of what has happened, an assurance that matters will be put right, and an appropriate rebate in the council tax as we are not being supplied for an amenity for which we have paid.”
An EDF Energy spokesman said the power supply was disconnected on Tuesday and that engineers were due to return yesterday to carry out further work.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers