Anti-social behaviour top priority
ANTI-social behaviour, alcohol-related crime, incidents on the Ellough Industrial Estate and traffic enforcement in Bungay are among the priorities for Safer Neighbourhood Teams in the Beccles area over the next two months.
ANTI-social behaviour, alcohol
-related crime, incidents on the Ellough Industrial Estate and traffic enforcement in Bungay are among the priorities for Safer Neighbourhood Teams in the Beccles area over the next two months.
The news follows a community tasking meeting last week, when police joined representatives from local organisations, including councils and residents, to discuss the key concerns for the towns of Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Southwold.
The Beccles and Bungay Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will focus on reducing alcohol-related incidents in Bungay town centre and promoting closer links between licensed premises and off-licences via the Pubwatch scheme.
You may also want to watch:
They will also focus on reducing
and preventing crime, particularly on the Ellough Industrial Estate where there have been several recent incidents, and sorting out traffic issues in Bungay, particularly speeding, parking and other infringements.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
Meanwhile the priorities the Southwold and Halesworth Safer Neighbourhood Team will concentrate on will cover anti-social behaviour and criminal damage, specifically in three locations - around the Orchard Valley area of Holton, in Halesworth Market Place and around Field Stile Lane in Southwold.
Anyone with an issue that needs police or council attention can raise it with the local Safer Neighbourhood Team and it will be discussed at a future priority-deciding community tasking meeting.
Have a say on what priorities should be for the summer by contacting the local SNT by calling 01986 835300 or by visiting www.onesuffolk.co.uk/