Anti-social behaviour top priority
ANTI-social behaviour, alcohol-related crime, incidents on the Ellough Industrial Estate and traffic enforcement in Bungay are among the priorities for Safer Neighbourhood Teams in the Beccles area over the next two months.
ANTI-social behaviour, alcohol
-related crime, incidents on the Ellough Industrial Estate and traffic enforcement in Bungay are among the priorities for Safer Neighbourhood Teams in the Beccles area over the next two months.
The news follows a community tasking meeting last week, when police joined representatives from local organisations, including councils and residents, to discuss the key concerns for the towns of Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Southwold.
The Beccles and Bungay Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will focus on reducing alcohol-related incidents in Bungay town centre and promoting closer links between licensed premises and off-licences via the Pubwatch scheme.
You may also want to watch:
They will also focus on reducing
and preventing crime, particularly on the Ellough Industrial Estate where there have been several recent incidents, and sorting out traffic issues in Bungay, particularly speeding, parking and other infringements.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
Meanwhile the priorities the Southwold and Halesworth Safer Neighbourhood Team will concentrate on will cover anti-social behaviour and criminal damage, specifically in three locations - around the Orchard Valley area of Holton, in Halesworth Market Place and around Field Stile Lane in Southwold.
Anyone with an issue that needs police or council attention can raise it with the local Safer Neighbourhood Team and it will be discussed at a future priority-deciding community tasking meeting.
Have a say on what priorities should be for the summer by contacting the local SNT by calling 01986 835300 or by visiting www.onesuffolk.co.uk/