Art sale boosts funds for NSPCC branch
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An auction of art has raised over £600 for the Beccles branch of the NSPCC, which formed last year to help vulnerable young people in Suffolk and beyond.
The event was held at Beccles Library last Wednesday, with artwork donated by Michelle Payne from The Upstairs Gallery along with other local artists.
And despite a smaller than expected turn out, the fundraising group were pleased with the amount they raised.
Caroline Topping, chairman of the group, said: “We were disappointed with the numbers as we only had about 20 people who attended.
“But Nicholas Rudge from Durrants who was running the auction created a really good atmosphere and people were bidding against each other.
You may also want to watch:
“We were pleased with how much we raised, it was more than we expected, and we would like to hold another auction in the future.”
The group, which is part of the North Suffolk branch of the NSPCC, formed in May 2015 and has already raised over £2,000 to help tackle child cruelty in this area.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Tributes to much-loved mother who 'cared for everyone'
- 3 Former soldier jailed after pointing fake gun at ex-partner
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 5 More walk-in Covid vaccine appointments offered at town pharmacy
- 6 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 7 Latitude decision will be made by end of the week, boss says
- 8 Two-car crash on A12 causes delays
- 9 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 10 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
The event was sponsored by Beccles-based Quayside Conservatories, which made a donation towards the running of the evening, with refreshments provided by Tesco of Beccles.
The team is hoping to raise even more money this year, and will be taking part in the Beccles Cycle for Life event in May, as well as running stalls at other events.
Are you raising money for a good cause? Email firstname.lastname@example.org