Artists and musicians sought for event
ART inspired by Beccles is being sought for this summer's Harvest Moon Festival.Beccles Community Arts will be adding an art display to this year's music festival, which will feature the work of local artists.
ART inspired by Beccles is being sought for this summer's Harvest Moon Festival.
Beccles Community Arts will be adding an art display to this year's music festival, which will feature the work of local artists.
The theme is “your Beccles by the river,” which invites artists to express what Beccles means to them.
The annual festival, now in its third year, will take place on Saturday, August 14, from noon until dusk at Beccles Quay.
You may also want to watch:
Musical acts, including up-and-coming bands, duos, or single entertainers, are also being sought.
The event is held to raise awareness of the possibility of bringing a bandstand to the quay. Should Beccles Community Arts be successful in their plans, the artwork displayed at the festival will be put up as a frieze on the inside of the bandstand.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Proposals for this are currently being discussed with the Broads Authority, Waveney District Council, Beccles Community Arts, The Beccles Society and Beccles Town Council.
The maximum size of the art, which can be in any medium, must be A3 in size. Artwork can be left at the town hall between 9am and 3pm, or at the Upstairs Gallery. Please put your name, age and address on the back. The cut-off date is Friday July 30.
Applicants wishing to play at the festival will need up to 30 minutes of material, and original music is encouraged.
Beccles Community Arts would welcome those who have played before as well as new applicants.
To apply, telephone Chris Hannant on 01508 548563.