Astronomer to host interactive science show to raise funds for school project
- Credit: Archant
Children are being given the chance to witness some fun and interactive science from a professional at a special event tomorrow.
Spectacular Science will see astronomer Mark Thompson showcase exploding elephant’s toothpaste, vortex generating dustbins, dancing paste and even vanishing beakers at Wortwell Village Hall.
Mr Thompson has toured the show all over the country and is doing the fundraiser to help Alburgh with Denton Primary School, which his children attend, purchase new artificial grass to make sure children can play outside safely in all weathers.
He recently performed the show to a sell-out audience at The Playhouse in Norwich.
He said: “My show is not necessarily to educate, more to enthuse and engage and make it accessible for children so they see that science is fun.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be demonstrations that can’t be done at home and some that can, but it’s a way of inspiring people and help them think about science as a career.”
Mr Thompson is a broadcaster and author and lectures across the country.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
He has co-presented Stargazing Live and has made appearances on This Morning, The Alan Titchmarsh Show and BBC Breakfast.
Tickets are £6 for children and £4 for adults, with the show suitable for a family audience of three years upwards.
To book tickets call 01986 788456 or email friendsof email@example.com
The show takes place from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.