Operators try desperately to fix popular river boat attraction
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A boat that ferries passengers along one of the region’s most picturesque stretches of river remains out of service after its engine failed.
The Big Dog Ferry, which runs along the River Waveney from Beccles Lido to the Locks Inn at Geldeston, broke down yesterday following the malfunction of its outboard motor.
Operators are now trying desperately to attach a spare, reconditioned engine to the boat in an attempt to get the popular attraction back up and running.
Shaun Crowley, volunteer at ferry owners Beccles Lido Limited, said an update on any future ferry trips would be issued in due course.
“We’ve got a spare, reconditioned engine and we’re currently trying to get that on the boat,” said Mr Crowley. “We’ll test it out and do our best to get the ferry out on the water tomorrow if we can.
You may also want to watch:
“People will be kept updated on our progress via the Big Dog Ferry Facebook page.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more