Operators try desperately to fix popular river boat attraction
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A boat that ferries passengers along one of the region’s most picturesque stretches of river remains out of service after its engine failed.
The Big Dog Ferry, which runs along the River Waveney from Beccles Lido to the Locks Inn at Geldeston, broke down yesterday following the malfunction of its outboard motor.
Operators are now trying desperately to attach a spare, reconditioned engine to the boat in an attempt to get the popular attraction back up and running.
Shaun Crowley, volunteer at ferry owners Beccles Lido Limited, said an update on any future ferry trips would be issued in due course.
“We’ve got a spare, reconditioned engine and we’re currently trying to get that on the boat,” said Mr Crowley. “We’ll test it out and do our best to get the ferry out on the water tomorrow if we can.
You may also want to watch:
“People will be kept updated on our progress via the Big Dog Ferry Facebook page.”
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital