Operators try desperately to fix popular river boat attraction
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A boat that ferries passengers along one of the region’s most picturesque stretches of river remains out of service after its engine failed.
The Big Dog Ferry, which runs along the River Waveney from Beccles Lido to the Locks Inn at Geldeston, broke down yesterday following the malfunction of its outboard motor.
Operators are now trying desperately to attach a spare, reconditioned engine to the boat in an attempt to get the popular attraction back up and running.
Shaun Crowley, volunteer at ferry owners Beccles Lido Limited, said an update on any future ferry trips would be issued in due course.
“We’ve got a spare, reconditioned engine and we’re currently trying to get that on the boat,” said Mr Crowley. “We’ll test it out and do our best to get the ferry out on the water tomorrow if we can.
You may also want to watch:
“People will be kept updated on our progress via the Big Dog Ferry Facebook page.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles