Baker’s stall raises more than £1,000 for forces charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown held another sell-out stall in Beccles at the weekend raising more than £1,000.
Mr Brown set up his popular cakes and chutney stall at the Beccles Food and Drink Festival and was overwhelmed with the support from generous customers.
He raised £1,025 for Help for Heroes, a charity which he has been supporting with his late wife Pat since 2009.
He said: “It was the third time I have been at the food festival and the third one that has been extremely good.”
Mr Brown is now looking ahead to the next stalls planned in his diary - the first being at his usual spot in Exchange Square in Beccles on Saturday, June 9 from 8am.
You may also want to watch:
He will then be at Sotterley Country Fair on June 24 and will once again be hosting his own Armed Forces Day event at his home on June 30.
His address is The Owls, Mill Road, Burgh St Peter, NR34 0BA, and all are welcome to attend.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 10 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
Mr Brown is hoping to reach the £100,000 milestone for the charity in the next couple of years.