Baker’s stall raises more than £1,000 for forces charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown held another sell-out stall in Beccles at the weekend raising more than £1,000.
Mr Brown set up his popular cakes and chutney stall at the Beccles Food and Drink Festival and was overwhelmed with the support from generous customers.
He raised £1,025 for Help for Heroes, a charity which he has been supporting with his late wife Pat since 2009.
He said: “It was the third time I have been at the food festival and the third one that has been extremely good.”
Mr Brown is now looking ahead to the next stalls planned in his diary - the first being at his usual spot in Exchange Square in Beccles on Saturday, June 9 from 8am.
You may also want to watch:
He will then be at Sotterley Country Fair on June 24 and will once again be hosting his own Armed Forces Day event at his home on June 30.
His address is The Owls, Mill Road, Burgh St Peter, NR34 0BA, and all are welcome to attend.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
Mr Brown is hoping to reach the £100,000 milestone for the charity in the next couple of years.