Baker’s stall raises more than £1,000 for forces charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown held another sell-out stall in Beccles at the weekend raising more than £1,000.
Mr Brown set up his popular cakes and chutney stall at the Beccles Food and Drink Festival and was overwhelmed with the support from generous customers.
He raised £1,025 for Help for Heroes, a charity which he has been supporting with his late wife Pat since 2009.
He said: “It was the third time I have been at the food festival and the third one that has been extremely good.”
Mr Brown is now looking ahead to the next stalls planned in his diary - the first being at his usual spot in Exchange Square in Beccles on Saturday, June 9 from 8am.
He will then be at Sotterley Country Fair on June 24 and will once again be hosting his own Armed Forces Day event at his home on June 30.
His address is The Owls, Mill Road, Burgh St Peter, NR34 0BA, and all are welcome to attend.
- 1 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Snap survey - Patients ignored health conditions after GP waits
Mr Brown is hoping to reach the £100,000 milestone for the charity in the next couple of years.