Teen attacked with baseball bat in late night robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy was attacked with a baseball bat during a late night robbery.
The incident occured at around 10.30pm in Banham Road, Beccles, on Thursday, January 11.
The victim was walking home when a black Peugeot 206 pulled in front of him with three people inside.
Two men got out of the car wearing tracksuits and black balaclavas - one was armed with a baseball bat.
They struck the victim in the lower left leg with the bat and then hit him over the side of the head causing a small cut and swelling.
The men took a bag containing a fluorescent jacket, his mobile phone and a 50 gram pouch of amber leaf tobacco from his front jacket pocket.
Both are described as being over 6ft tall and of stocky build.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 3 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 4 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 5 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 6 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 7 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk
- 10 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
Anyone with information or who saw any suspicious activity should contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/2210/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.