Teen attacked with baseball bat in late night robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy was attacked with a baseball bat during a late night robbery.
The incident occured at around 10.30pm in Banham Road, Beccles, on Thursday, January 11.
The victim was walking home when a black Peugeot 206 pulled in front of him with three people inside.
Two men got out of the car wearing tracksuits and black balaclavas - one was armed with a baseball bat.
They struck the victim in the lower left leg with the bat and then hit him over the side of the head causing a small cut and swelling.
You may also want to watch:
The men took a bag containing a fluorescent jacket, his mobile phone and a 50 gram pouch of amber leaf tobacco from his front jacket pocket.
Both are described as being over 6ft tall and of stocky build.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
Anyone with information or who saw any suspicious activity should contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/2210/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.