Pupils treated to special performance from steel drum band
- Credit: Archant
A London-based band which runs steel drum workshops in schools across the country has been working with some Beccles pupils.
On Tuesday, January 9, the Irie Steelpan Workshop visited Albert Pye Primary School where pupils were treated to a special performance.
The band played a variety of styles of music for Key Stage 2 classes.
A school spokesman said: “All the pupils really enjoyed the performance and had fun dancing and singing along to songs they recognised.
“The show was followed by two workshops for each of the Year 6 classes. Year 6 pupils enjoyed the opportunity to learn about how the instruments were made, their origins and the culture from which they arose. They also tried out the band’s instruments and learnt some traditional dances too.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are run by husband and wife team Junior and Marcella who are of Jamaican heritage.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day