Pupils treated to special performance from steel drum band
- Credit: Archant
A London-based band which runs steel drum workshops in schools across the country has been working with some Beccles pupils.
On Tuesday, January 9, the Irie Steelpan Workshop visited Albert Pye Primary School where pupils were treated to a special performance.
The band played a variety of styles of music for Key Stage 2 classes.
A school spokesman said: “All the pupils really enjoyed the performance and had fun dancing and singing along to songs they recognised.
“The show was followed by two workshops for each of the Year 6 classes. Year 6 pupils enjoyed the opportunity to learn about how the instruments were made, their origins and the culture from which they arose. They also tried out the band’s instruments and learnt some traditional dances too.”
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are run by husband and wife team Junior and Marcella who are of Jamaican heritage.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020