School hosts ‘This Girl Can’ event to encourage pupils’ to be active
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pupils at a Beccles primary school have taken part in a series of sporting events as part of the This Girl Can campaign.
Girls in Year 3, 4 and 5 at Albert Pye took part in the event on Tuesday, June 12, competing in matball, football, team building, balloon tennis, boccia and zumba, spending 12 minutes on each activity.
The event was organised by the school’s Year 6 girls, who also helped to deliver the activities and games assisted by female teaching staff.
A spokesman from the school said: “The Year 6 leaders moved round with their group of girls and encouraged and supported the girls taking part. They were amazing role models for other girls to look up to, and it was fantastic for their self confidence.
“The event was a great success and all the girls were engaged and having fun enjoying physical activity.
You may also want to watch:
“The purpose of This Girl Can is to encourage girls to lead more active lifestyles, to develop girls emotional well-being and engage them in physical activity and build their self-esteem and confidence.”
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist