School hosts ‘This Girl Can’ event to encourage pupils’ to be active
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pupils at a Beccles primary school have taken part in a series of sporting events as part of the This Girl Can campaign.
Girls in Year 3, 4 and 5 at Albert Pye took part in the event on Tuesday, June 12, competing in matball, football, team building, balloon tennis, boccia and zumba, spending 12 minutes on each activity.
The event was organised by the school’s Year 6 girls, who also helped to deliver the activities and games assisted by female teaching staff.
A spokesman from the school said: “The Year 6 leaders moved round with their group of girls and encouraged and supported the girls taking part. They were amazing role models for other girls to look up to, and it was fantastic for their self confidence.
“The event was a great success and all the girls were engaged and having fun enjoying physical activity.
You may also want to watch:
“The purpose of This Girl Can is to encourage girls to lead more active lifestyles, to develop girls emotional well-being and engage them in physical activity and build their self-esteem and confidence.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles