School hosts ‘This Girl Can’ event to encourage pupils’ to be active
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pupils at a Beccles primary school have taken part in a series of sporting events as part of the This Girl Can campaign.
Girls in Year 3, 4 and 5 at Albert Pye took part in the event on Tuesday, June 12, competing in matball, football, team building, balloon tennis, boccia and zumba, spending 12 minutes on each activity.
The event was organised by the school’s Year 6 girls, who also helped to deliver the activities and games assisted by female teaching staff.
A spokesman from the school said: “The Year 6 leaders moved round with their group of girls and encouraged and supported the girls taking part. They were amazing role models for other girls to look up to, and it was fantastic for their self confidence.
“The event was a great success and all the girls were engaged and having fun enjoying physical activity.
You may also want to watch:
“The purpose of This Girl Can is to encourage girls to lead more active lifestyles, to develop girls emotional well-being and engage them in physical activity and build their self-esteem and confidence.”
- 1 Town's post office to close within a month
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools