School hosts ‘This Girl Can’ event to encourage pupils’ to be active
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pupils at a Beccles primary school have taken part in a series of sporting events as part of the This Girl Can campaign.
Girls in Year 3, 4 and 5 at Albert Pye took part in the event on Tuesday, June 12, competing in matball, football, team building, balloon tennis, boccia and zumba, spending 12 minutes on each activity.
The event was organised by the school’s Year 6 girls, who also helped to deliver the activities and games assisted by female teaching staff.
A spokesman from the school said: “The Year 6 leaders moved round with their group of girls and encouraged and supported the girls taking part. They were amazing role models for other girls to look up to, and it was fantastic for their self confidence.
“The event was a great success and all the girls were engaged and having fun enjoying physical activity.
You may also want to watch:
“The purpose of This Girl Can is to encourage girls to lead more active lifestyles, to develop girls emotional well-being and engage them in physical activity and build their self-esteem and confidence.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing