Libraries to close for a week to allow for refurbishments
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Two libraries in Waveney will be closing for a week while refurbishments take place.
Beccles library will be shut between Monday, June 18 and Monday, June 25 while Bungay libary will be shut between Tuesday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 19.
For Beccles the work will see a new carpet, improved shelving and a better library layout, with the work funded by the Friends of Beccles Library.
Bungay Library meanwhile will have new windows and a door installed, plus new energy efficient LED lighting, a new carpet, and new shelving including a special book nook for the children’s library.
The work is being paid for by a combination of Suffolk County Council, the Friends of Bungay Community Library and other sources.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the libraries said: “Suffolk Libraries apologises for any inconvenience caused by both closures but we hope customers will enjoy the improvements after the work is carried out.
“Customers can use any other library and people who usually use Beccles Library can visit Bungay Library when it’s closed and vice versa. Any loans due back during the closure will have their return date extended.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
- 10 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place