Libraries to close for a week to allow for refurbishments
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Two libraries in Waveney will be closing for a week while refurbishments take place.
Beccles library will be shut between Monday, June 18 and Monday, June 25 while Bungay libary will be shut between Tuesday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 19.
For Beccles the work will see a new carpet, improved shelving and a better library layout, with the work funded by the Friends of Beccles Library.
Bungay Library meanwhile will have new windows and a door installed, plus new energy efficient LED lighting, a new carpet, and new shelving including a special book nook for the children’s library.
The work is being paid for by a combination of Suffolk County Council, the Friends of Bungay Community Library and other sources.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the libraries said: “Suffolk Libraries apologises for any inconvenience caused by both closures but we hope customers will enjoy the improvements after the work is carried out.
“Customers can use any other library and people who usually use Beccles Library can visit Bungay Library when it’s closed and vice versa. Any loans due back during the closure will have their return date extended.”
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools