Libraries to close for a week to allow for refurbishments
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Two libraries in Waveney will be closing for a week while refurbishments take place.
Beccles library will be shut between Monday, June 18 and Monday, June 25 while Bungay libary will be shut between Tuesday, July 10 and Tuesday, July 19.
For Beccles the work will see a new carpet, improved shelving and a better library layout, with the work funded by the Friends of Beccles Library.
Bungay Library meanwhile will have new windows and a door installed, plus new energy efficient LED lighting, a new carpet, and new shelving including a special book nook for the children’s library.
The work is being paid for by a combination of Suffolk County Council, the Friends of Bungay Community Library and other sources.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the libraries said: “Suffolk Libraries apologises for any inconvenience caused by both closures but we hope customers will enjoy the improvements after the work is carried out.
“Customers can use any other library and people who usually use Beccles Library can visit Bungay Library when it’s closed and vice versa. Any loans due back during the closure will have their return date extended.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory