Beccles and Bungay schools celebrate best ever A-level results
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Students are today celebrating two years of hard work paying off as they receive their long-awaited A-level results.
Sir John Leman in Beccles, Bungay and Langley Sixth Forms all saw an improvement on last year’s grades.
Michael Taylor, headteacher of Sir John Leman - where 71pc of students achieved A* to C grades - said: “A fantastic day for Sir John Leman High School, students excelled themselves and have outperformed our 2015 cohort who produced our best ever results and marks our year on-year improvements.
“Congratulations to all the students and staff for this superb achievement which allows most students to go to their university of choice or next phase of their learning journey.”
Bungay High Sixth Form also achieved its best ever results, with 79pc of students obtaining A* to C grades, and an overall pass rate of 98pc.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Angelo Goduti said: “We are immensely proud of our students’ achievements and these results reflect their hard work, commitment and determination.
“The governors and I would like to pass on our congratulations to the students, staff and parents of Bungay High Sixth Form on the excellent results achieved this year.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
And at Langley Sixth Form in Loddon, 80pc of students obtained an A* to C grade, up from 77pc last year.
Headteacher Dominic Findlay said: “We are delighted with the A-level results gained this year which show an increase in the percentage of grades achieved in the A* to C category.
“Our top pupils gained some stunning results with straight A*s and As across the board, and many students exceeded their expectations which is a true testament of the hard work and dedication of both the students and staff.”
See tomorrow’s Beccles and Bungay Journal for a full report on results day.