Antiques street market to return for ninth year with 100 dealers
- Credit: James Bass
Shoppers are set to descend on Beccles as they look to bag a bargain at the town’s antiques street market.
Back for the ninth year, the event will see 100 general and specialist dealers filling the centre of Beccles, selling a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables including furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design/clothing and decorative items. The market will run from 8am to 4pm on Sunday, May 6.
Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxon, both in Beccles, started the market in 2009 with just over 40 dealers and were overwhelmed with the support it attracted.
They now operate a waiting list for stallholders and said the enthusiasm from both the dealers and buyers has been primary in making the market not only a success but a great day out with a wonderful atmosphere.
The organisers said: “If you haven’t been before you really should give it a visit and experience the pleasure of a busy outdoor specialist market with a great atmosphere and knowledgeable dealers.
You may also want to watch:
“It goes ahead regardless of the weather, so remember to bring an umbrella and a sun hat.”
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will also be open so shoppers can take a break and rest their feet. And there will also be catering stalls at the market including a hog roast, ice cream and hot drinks.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
This year’s Beccles Antiques Hunt competitors, sponsored by the organisers and Durrants Auction House, are the A Shop Charity and 2nd Beccles Scout Group. Each team will have £100 to buy as many bargains as they can to sell at Durrants Antiques Auction for profit.
Organisers will once again be hosting a second market later this year, due to be held on Sunday, August 12.
The second date was introduced in 2011 due to the event’s popularity.
Entry to the antiques market is free and the event will be well signposted for visitors.
For more information visit the Beccles Antiques Street Market Facebook page at www.facebook.com/antiquesmarketbeccles or call Mrs Lee on 01502 711174.
• Have you got a Beccles story or event coming up? Email the details to email@example.com