Beccles awaits new shops
A NEW town square bustling with prestigious new shops could be open in Beccles within the next few months.Reef Estates Limited is working in partnership with Taylor Electrical to develop Taylor Square, a project to convert two warehouses and other new buildings on Newgate into six individual stores.
A NEW town square bustling with prestigious new shops could be open in Beccles within the next few months.
Reef Estates Limited is working in partnership with Taylor Electrical to develop Taylor Square, a project to convert two warehouses and other new buildings on Newgate into six individual stores.
The rumour mill has been in overdrive as people speculate on what may or may not be coming to the town.
But although the identity of the businesses is still being kept under wraps, it is thought that well-known retailers will be part of the announcement due in two weeks' time.
You may also want to watch:
Aside from the building work, Taylor Electrical is planning to refurbish and enlarge its showroom in Smallgate.
David Cotton, a director at Taylor Electrical said: “Work will commence in January for two weeks during which time a new shop front will be fitted and external redecoration will be carried out.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
“The shop will be open during this time and we apologise for any inconvenience which may be caused. The second phase of the work, to enlarge and refit the ground floor showroom will take place in the spring/summer of 2009.
“The development of Taylor Square, a joint venture between Taylor Electrical and Reef Estates will continue and a number of prestigious and well-known retailers are committed to opening new shops, the first being Laura Ashley, who moved to Taylor Square in June this year.”
Other shops in Beccles still remain empty. It is not yet known what will replace Morlings music shop, which closed its doors for the last time nearly a year ago and the Motorworld building also remains empty.
In July, Specsavers admitted it was always looking into new areas to develop the business but there has been no further news.