Beccles awaits new shops
A NEW town square bustling with prestigious new shops could be open in Beccles within the next few months.Reef Estates Limited is working in partnership with Taylor Electrical to develop Taylor Square, a project to convert two warehouses and other new buildings on Newgate into six individual stores.
A NEW town square bustling with prestigious new shops could be open in Beccles within the next few months.
Reef Estates Limited is working in partnership with Taylor Electrical to develop Taylor Square, a project to convert two warehouses and other new buildings on Newgate into six individual stores.
The rumour mill has been in overdrive as people speculate on what may or may not be coming to the town.
But although the identity of the businesses is still being kept under wraps, it is thought that well-known retailers will be part of the announcement due in two weeks' time.
You may also want to watch:
Aside from the building work, Taylor Electrical is planning to refurbish and enlarge its showroom in Smallgate.
David Cotton, a director at Taylor Electrical said: “Work will commence in January for two weeks during which time a new shop front will be fitted and external redecoration will be carried out.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
“The shop will be open during this time and we apologise for any inconvenience which may be caused. The second phase of the work, to enlarge and refit the ground floor showroom will take place in the spring/summer of 2009.
“The development of Taylor Square, a joint venture between Taylor Electrical and Reef Estates will continue and a number of prestigious and well-known retailers are committed to opening new shops, the first being Laura Ashley, who moved to Taylor Square in June this year.”
Other shops in Beccles still remain empty. It is not yet known what will replace Morlings music shop, which closed its doors for the last time nearly a year ago and the Motorworld building also remains empty.
In July, Specsavers admitted it was always looking into new areas to develop the business but there has been no further news.