Baker set for 10th Armed Forces Day event
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding his 10th Armed Forces Day fundraiser tomorrow.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, held his first event for Help for Heroes in his back garden in 2009, with his late wife Pat busy baking in the kitchen.
The couple were inspired to raise funds for the charity by their daughter Sally Williams, who served in the army for 24 years.
And after Pat unexpectedly passed away in March 2016, just missing them reach the £50,000 milestone that July, Mr Brown vowed to continue fundraising in his wife’s honour to reach £100,000.
Mr Brown’s home will be open from 8am to 2.30pm to mark Armed Forces Day tomorrow, June 30, at The Owls, Mill Road, Burgh St Peter, NR34 0BA.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to attend and as well as homemade cakes, savouries and chutneys, there will also be a tea tent and raffle.
Mr Brown will be helped on the day by family and friends, and anyone wishing to donate a raffle prize can contact him on 01502 677225.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles