Baker set for 10th Armed Forces Day event
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding his 10th Armed Forces Day fundraiser tomorrow.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, held his first event for Help for Heroes in his back garden in 2009, with his late wife Pat busy baking in the kitchen.
The couple were inspired to raise funds for the charity by their daughter Sally Williams, who served in the army for 24 years.
And after Pat unexpectedly passed away in March 2016, just missing them reach the £50,000 milestone that July, Mr Brown vowed to continue fundraising in his wife’s honour to reach £100,000.
Mr Brown’s home will be open from 8am to 2.30pm to mark Armed Forces Day tomorrow, June 30, at The Owls, Mill Road, Burgh St Peter, NR34 0BA.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to attend and as well as homemade cakes, savouries and chutneys, there will also be a tea tent and raffle.
Mr Brown will be helped on the day by family and friends, and anyone wishing to donate a raffle prize can contact him on 01502 677225.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 6 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing