Baker set for 10th Armed Forces Day event
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Charity baker David Brown will be holding his 10th Armed Forces Day fundraiser tomorrow.
Mr Brown, of Burgh St Peter, held his first event for Help for Heroes in his back garden in 2009, with his late wife Pat busy baking in the kitchen.
The couple were inspired to raise funds for the charity by their daughter Sally Williams, who served in the army for 24 years.
And after Pat unexpectedly passed away in March 2016, just missing them reach the £50,000 milestone that July, Mr Brown vowed to continue fundraising in his wife’s honour to reach £100,000.
Mr Brown’s home will be open from 8am to 2.30pm to mark Armed Forces Day tomorrow, June 30, at The Owls, Mill Road, Burgh St Peter, NR34 0BA.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to attend and as well as homemade cakes, savouries and chutneys, there will also be a tea tent and raffle.
Mr Brown will be helped on the day by family and friends, and anyone wishing to donate a raffle prize can contact him on 01502 677225.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 8 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist