Beccles Baptist Church set to induct new pastor
- Credit: Kieran Lynch
A Suffolk man is to return to his roots to take on a role as church pastor.
Beccles Baptist Church on Station Road has been without a pastor for the past two years.
But this Saturday, Tom Fenning will be inducted into the role before he commences his ministry in the town.
Mr Fenning originates from Suffolk having grown up in Mendlesham.
He is now moving back to Beccles with his wife, Emily, and three boys from Dunstable, where he currently holds a role as an associate pastor at a local church.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fenning said: “A friend of mine knows the former pastor who worked here and when I heard there was a vacancy it was an opportunity I couldn’t turn down.
“To move back to Suffolk, where I am from, with my family, was extremely appealing and I am looking forward to my induction and getting started.”
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 4 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 5 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 6 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café
Beccles Baptist Church has been without a pastor for the past two years, and during that time the church elders stepped in to help out with the tasks the role brings.
Now Mr Fenning is set to take over the role, he is looking forward to meeting the locals and try and get the church to offer more to the community.
He said: “The church elders did a great job while no one held the role but I think they felt it was time that someone permanent came in to take it on.
“The big thing I would like to say is that I am very much looking forward to taking the role on and meeting everyone in the community. I would urge everyone to come along to the church that serves our community and hear about the word of Lord Jesus Christ.
“I know the church offers several groups as it stands but I would like to try and offer more groups and ministries to local people.”
Mr Fenning’s induction service will commence at 2.30pm on Saturday, March 25.
After the service refreshments will be provided.
For more on the church visit www.becclesbaptistchurch.net/
Do you have any Beccles stories? Email firstname.lastname@example.org