Beccles-based healthcare provider to move to new headquarters
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A community healthcare provider will move administrative staff from its headquarters in Beccles to a new base in Lowestoft next week.
East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH) – a social enterprise that provides a range of community-based NHS and social care in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas – will be moving into Hamilton House in Lowestoft on Monday (January 23).
The £1.25million pound purchase and redevelopment of the former base of an offshore energy construction company will see about 100 administrative staff move from Beccles House, in Common Lane North.
They will be joined by clinical personnel who previously worked out of bases elsewhere in Lowestoft.
ECCH announced in November 2015 that they had secured Hamilton House after they had been renting space in Beccles.
A spokesman for ECCH said: “The Beccles headquarters will be empty of ECCH staff from Monday, but ECCH only rented half the building from Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG, and the CCG will still be based there.”
ECCH employs around 900 staff and is responsible for services including district nursing, health visiting, physiotherapy and much more.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 6 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 7 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 8 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 9 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
Chief executive Jonathan Williams said: “This is so exciting for us. ECCH launched five years ago and this is the first property the organisation has owned outright.
“It shows how far we have come and that we’re determined to stay and to continue growing.
“We wanted a permanent base for our staff in the midst of the community we serve and from where we can continue our aim of finding innovative ways to improve services for local people of the highest possible quality.”
Hamilton House is also the base for Custom Kitchens Lowestoft – a design and installation company who supply kitchens, bedrooms and living furniture across East Anglia. It will remain a tenant of ECCH in a retail space on the ground floor and also part of the first floor.