National recognition for team working to reduce strokes and heart attacks
- Credit: Archant
A team supporting GPs in reducing strokes and heart attacks has received national recognition for its work.
The sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) team based in Beccles was highly commended at the Healthcare Transformation 2019 Awards for its "innovation in improving outcomes and reducing variation".
Among its achievements has been helping GPs and practice nurses across Norfolk and Waveney to identify high blood pressure earlier and manage people with abnormal heart rhythms.
Based on current trends, their efforts are forecast to reduce year on year the number of strokes by 25 and the number of heart attacks by 94.
Dr Mark Lim, lead commissioner for the team, said: "We were the only STP in any category to be highly commended or a winner.
You may also want to watch:
"I think this reflects well on the development of our local working relationships and the linking up with national organisations to exchange good ideas.
"We are proud of the achievements and impact across Norfolk and Waveney."
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 9 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 10 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid