National recognition for team working to reduce strokes and heart attacks
- Credit: Archant
A team supporting GPs in reducing strokes and heart attacks has received national recognition for its work.
The sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) team based in Beccles was highly commended at the Healthcare Transformation 2019 Awards for its "innovation in improving outcomes and reducing variation".
Among its achievements has been helping GPs and practice nurses across Norfolk and Waveney to identify high blood pressure earlier and manage people with abnormal heart rhythms.
Based on current trends, their efforts are forecast to reduce year on year the number of strokes by 25 and the number of heart attacks by 94.
Dr Mark Lim, lead commissioner for the team, said: "We were the only STP in any category to be highly commended or a winner.
You may also want to watch:
"I think this reflects well on the development of our local working relationships and the linking up with national organisations to exchange good ideas.
"We are proud of the achievements and impact across Norfolk and Waveney."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles