It’s back! - Beer festival showcasing Norfolk and Suffolk’s best breweries returns
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Beer and ale lovers are in for a treat as a popular drinks festival makes a welcome return.
Thousands will be heading to Beccles Public Hall, in Smallgate, from 4pm today (Friday, November 16) to enjoy the town’s seventh annual beer festival.
The celebration of craft beers continues all weekend until Sunday evening.
Last year, more than 1,500 people flocked to the town and enjoyed beers from 26 different breweries and four cider makers.
And by the end of the weekend the crowd had enjoyed more than 5,000 pints.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s festival will offer 30 different ales from across the region - including gluten free and vegan options.
There will be a selection of new ales not widely available on draft anywhere else – as well as festival stalwart and firm fan favourite Green Jack Ripper.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
All money raised at the event will go towards Beccles Lido’s fundraising project to refurbish, update and reline the main pool.
For more information about the festival visit - www.becclesbeerfestival.co.uk