Popular pumpkin extravaganza returns this weekend
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It’s time to start carving, as the county’s best annual pumpkin festival is set to return.
It's time to start carving, as a popular annual pumpkin festival is set to return.
On Sunday, October 27, the Beccles pumpkin festival returns for its fourth year.
It has, like many of its pumpkins, grown massively, and is now at the new venue of Beccles Free School field in Castle Hill.
As well as showing off all the most spooktacular individual pumpkins, there are the very popular corporate pumpkins, children's and adult Halloween fancy dress competitions, and plenty of food and drink stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Annette Tackley said: "It is a great night for all. This year, thanks to Pathways care farm who have donated a huge pumpkin you can take a selfie with and share online for the chance of winning a prize."
The event will be open from 4pm until 8pm and entry is only £1. For £1 extra, attendees can register their own carved pumpkin with the winner taking home £50 after judging.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles