Joint school team takes top prize in Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
The joint St Edmund’s and St Benet’s Schools quiz team emerged triumphant in the Waveney finals of the Rotary inter-schools quiz.
The Beccles and Bungay schools team pipped Harleston Primary School by just one point in an exciting final, with Bungay Primary School finishing in third place.
In all six teams - winners and runners-up in three heats held in Diss, Bungay and Harleston - took part in the final, held in the Harleston school’s hall.
There were eight rounds of questions, with five questions in each round.
There were two general knowledge rounds, and other question topics included maths, science, history, geography, music, sport and the arts, along with children’s books.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Webb, president of Harleston Rotary Club, was question master, and presented the shield to the winning team made up of Olivia Grant, Merissa Hammond, Nancy Ward-Burgess and Jaya Humbles.
Gift tokens were also presented to all the teams taking part and refreshments for the teams were provided by the host schools.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 8 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre