Joint school team takes top prize in Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
The joint St Edmund’s and St Benet’s Schools quiz team emerged triumphant in the Waveney finals of the Rotary inter-schools quiz.
The Beccles and Bungay schools team pipped Harleston Primary School by just one point in an exciting final, with Bungay Primary School finishing in third place.
In all six teams - winners and runners-up in three heats held in Diss, Bungay and Harleston - took part in the final, held in the Harleston school’s hall.
There were eight rounds of questions, with five questions in each round.
There were two general knowledge rounds, and other question topics included maths, science, history, geography, music, sport and the arts, along with children’s books.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Webb, president of Harleston Rotary Club, was question master, and presented the shield to the winning team made up of Olivia Grant, Merissa Hammond, Nancy Ward-Burgess and Jaya Humbles.
Gift tokens were also presented to all the teams taking part and refreshments for the teams were provided by the host schools.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash