Joint school team takes top prize in Rotary inter-schools quiz
- Credit: Archant
The joint St Edmund’s and St Benet’s Schools quiz team emerged triumphant in the Waveney finals of the Rotary inter-schools quiz.
The Beccles and Bungay schools team pipped Harleston Primary School by just one point in an exciting final, with Bungay Primary School finishing in third place.
In all six teams - winners and runners-up in three heats held in Diss, Bungay and Harleston - took part in the final, held in the Harleston school’s hall.
There were eight rounds of questions, with five questions in each round.
There were two general knowledge rounds, and other question topics included maths, science, history, geography, music, sport and the arts, along with children’s books.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Webb, president of Harleston Rotary Club, was question master, and presented the shield to the winning team made up of Olivia Grant, Merissa Hammond, Nancy Ward-Burgess and Jaya Humbles.
Gift tokens were also presented to all the teams taking part and refreshments for the teams were provided by the host schools.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl