Theatre announces first post-lockdown shows of 2021
- Credit: Simone Lezzi
A town's theatre is preparing to welcome back crowds after announcing their first shows of 2021.
The Canopy Theatre, in Beccles' Hungate Church, will begin life post-third lockdown later this month with a double-header show featuring two local singer-songwriters.
Hannah Scott will return to her Suffolk roots on May 29, while Stuart Mack will be taking to the stage to perform his solo show later the same night.
Having released her most recent album Pieces of the Night in 2018, Ms Scott has been streaming shows online and recording throughout the three national lockdowns and has released four singles since May last year ahead of her next album.
Mr Mack, who set up Green Fingers Music in Pakefield in the 1990s, returns to the venue following a successful appearance last year.
Next month, folk-Americana duo Roswell will take to the stage, having been due to perform at the venue in December before coronavirus restrictions forced the show to be postponed.
The duo, made up of Zoe Wren and Jasmine Watkiss, will welcome visitors on June 4 at 8pm.
- 1 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 2 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 7 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
Tickets for the socially distanced shows are now available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/martello-promotions.