Can you spot yourself at the popular Beccles Carnival parade?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A party style atmosphere attracted the crowds as thousands of people enjoyed a weekend of entertainment.
Beccles rocked as two days of fun for all the family was showcased at its traditional carnival weekend.
A family fun day at Beccles Quay on Saturday started the event in style as a children’s fancy dress contest, the Beccles bonny baby competition, children’s races all proved popular while the dog show attracted more entries this year.
With something for everyone – including games, stalls and attractions – a music bonanza took centre stage on the quay on Saturday evening as live bands performed.
On Sunday the annual carnival parade wowed crowds in the town, as more than 40 entries showcased stunning creativity. Hundres of families jostled for the best positions on the streets as the floats, dancers and music brought a sea of colour and a wave of sound to town.
You may also want to watch:
The popular parade created a real carnival atmosphere – and the fun continues until 6pm on Sunday evening as a fun zone and arena displays from a fire breather and the Waggytails Dog Agility Display Team brought the weekend to a close in spectacular style
Annette Tackley, one of the event’s organisers, said: “I have never seen so many people on the Quay for what we have had this weekend - not for a lot of years. Saturday was really good and the music on Saturday night was absolutely fantastic
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
“We have had some amazing comments among the feedback we’ve received and it has just been a lovely fun, family atmosphere with locals and holidaymakers coming together - people of all ages - to enjoy themselves.
“We are so happy. The Carnival team would like to thank everyone who attended. The floats in Sunday’s parade, the effort that has gone into them is just incredible. We have had shops, businesses, the football club, local groups of friends and families, youth and adult organisations all taking part in the procession and it is amazing what they create each time.
“All in all it has been another fabulous event, the suport has been fantastic and I think its been the best year we have had for a quite a while.
“We would like to thank the army cadets for all their help this weekend, and we thank all the volunteers and organisations that have supported us.”