Town’s charities combine to raise funds for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Beccles charities joined forces to raise over £100 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance in a single night.
Beccles Red Hat Ladies, Beccles and Districts Lions Club and Beccles Helping Hands came together for a skittles challenge at the Fox and Hounds Social Club in Ravensmere.
From the get-go Red Hat Ladies were dominant and showed off their silky skittles skills.
They emerged victorious with a total of 191 points while Helping hands trailed 10 points behind in second place.
Overall £137.80 was raised from a raffle and entry to the event. As the winning team the Red Hat Ladies were entrusted with the decision of where the money should go and chose the East Anglian Air Ambulance - a charity which provides helicopter emergency medical service for people across East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the event said: “Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great social evening.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside