Town’s charities combine to raise funds for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A trio of Beccles charities joined forces to raise over £100 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance in a single night.
Beccles Red Hat Ladies, Beccles and Districts Lions Club and Beccles Helping Hands came together for a skittles challenge at the Fox and Hounds Social Club in Ravensmere.
From the get-go Red Hat Ladies were dominant and showed off their silky skittles skills.
They emerged victorious with a total of 191 points while Helping hands trailed 10 points behind in second place.
Overall £137.80 was raised from a raffle and entry to the event. As the winning team the Red Hat Ladies were entrusted with the decision of where the money should go and chose the East Anglian Air Ambulance - a charity which provides helicopter emergency medical service for people across East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the event said: “Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great social evening.”
- 1 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 2 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 3 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 6 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
- 7 Grandmother killed in A143 crash while walking home with husband
- 8 Homes challenged to create their own wildflower biodiversity spots
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance