Beccles charity roller skating event raises money for new skates
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A fun afternoon was had by all on a day to raise funds for new roller skates.
Every Sunday morning The Venue in Ringsfield Road, Beccles, puts on roller hockey from 9am to 10am and family roller skating sessions from 10am to noon.
However the roller skates that the club provide are in need of replacement.
At the weekend 22 people turned up to the fundraising day and almost £400 was raised.
Liz Hadridge, community sports and letting manager at The Venue said: “The roller skates have given hundreds of people of all ages hours of fun and exercise over the years, but they are now in desperate need of replacement.
You may also want to watch:
“We never knew how many people would show up but we are extremely grateful to those that came and all together helped raise almost £400 which will go towards buying some new roller skates.
“Ideally we will get a bit more from sponsorship as well and we hope that the Sir John Leman High School where we are based will match the near £400 as well. “
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
The afternoon started with a roller hockey tournament and was followed by refreshments and a family roller skating session.
Mrs Hadridge said: “It was great fun and it was good to see people as young as four and five play with the more experienced roller hockey players who toned down their competitive edge for the day.
“We are extremely grateful for the support we have received already from Tesco, Morrison and Cash Inn and would welcome the support from any businesses or individuals who can help us raise as much money as possible so that we can continue to offer roller skating to the public.”
Sponsorship forms to help the support the club are available from both The Venue or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
They are also hoping to generate further income by offering advertising spaces to sponsor a board which will be displayed around the astroturf and 3G pitches at The Venue.
Those interested in advertising can contact Mrs Hadridge on the above email.
Do you have any Beccles stories? Email email@example.com