Beccles Christmas lights switch on date announced
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A date for the diary is Friday, November 28, when the Beccles Christmas lights will be switched on.
This event is one of the best in the area, and it promises to be another fantastic year.
The lights will be switched on at 6pm by Beccles Mayor, Caroline Topping, joined on stage by Paul Carter from Beach Radio and the Beach Bunny. After the lights are switched on there will be a spectacular fireworks display from the church tower.
Live entertainment acts on the main stage include Tom Elgie, The River Hundred Folk Band, Beccles Community Choir, the Lowestoft and Beccles Rock Choir, the Loddon Brass Band, Harmonique, local group Resonate and a few surprise acts!
There will also be street entertainment with the return of the lively Suffolk School of Samba who are back by popular demand.
You may also want to watch:
There is as always a great variety of stalls selling festive gifts, lovely places to eat or have a drink of mulled wine or hot chocolate. Stocks Funfair will be present with rides for both the youngsters and the more daring.
Many of the town’s fantastic range of independent shops will be open late on the night too.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
“This year we will also have live reindeer, Father Christmas will be taking up his usual residence in his grotto in the church tower and the popular Christmas Tree Trail will be launched on the night.
“And as if this all isn’t enough, Hungate Church will be staging its ever popular Christmas Tree Festival and there will be a festive indoor market in St Michael’s Church,” said a spokesman for the organisers.
Parking will be free in all Waveney District Council car parks from 4pm.
For more information please visit www.beccleschristmaslights.co.uk, follow us on facebook www.facebook.com/beccleschristmaslights or telephone 07935 365844.