Beccles Food and Drink Festival to show off produce from the region
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
After the successful launch of the Beccles Food and Drink Festival last year, the event will be returning to the town on Saturday, May 28.
The festival event aims to shine a light on not only the independent retailers and food purveyors in Beccles, but also the excellent food and drink producers from East Anglia as a whole.
Several well-known Suffolk and Norfolk food producers will be attending, including Stoke Sauces, Scarlett & Mustard, Fen Farm Dairy and more.
There will also be suppliers and businesses from Beccles and the organisers hope to raise awareness of the food scene in the town.
Last year’s event saw around 100 stalls, and to really show off what Beccles has to offer there will be a grazing trail throughout the town which visitors can follow to discover food exhibitors and the delights of the town.
You may also want to watch:
The event is organised by the Beccles Food and Drink Festival Committee - a sub committee of the Beccles Business and Tourism Association.
Lucy Coote, part of the committee, said: “Again the emphasis of the festival will be celebrating our wonderful local food heroes and producers whose invaluable input created last year’s successful event with some unique products available including artisan breads, oysters, truffles, cider and even a pint of Adnams Broadside poured by Mr Adnams.”
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
Throughout the day, there will also be live cookery demonstrations, talks and tasting sessions to watch and join in with.
This year’s special guest will be celebrity chef Richard Bainbridge. The owner and head chef at Benedicts Norwich will formally open the festival at 10.30am at St Michael’s Church. Mr Bainbridge won last year’s BBC Two’s Great British Menu television show and will be giving a talk on his experience on the show.
There will be other fun events and activities throughout the day, including a horse-drawn carriage to transport visitors from the parking at Beccles Quay car park to the town trail.
The Beccles Food and Drink Festival will run from 9.30am to 5.30pm.