Charity friends group to host first event of the year with breakfast fundraiser
- Credit: James Bass
The Beccles Friends of Cancer Research UK are set to host their first charity event of 2018.
The group, made up of a team of volunteers, formed more than 25 years ago to help in the fight against cancer and have raised almost £300,000.
Their first event of the year will be a Breakfast Morning held next Friday, February 23, between 8am and 11.45am at Beccles Public Hall.
The team will be serving a full English breakfast for £6 per person or a lighter option for £3 per person. A raffle will also be held.
A spokesman from the friends said: “As this is always a very popular event please contact Julia on 01502 475296 to book your breakfast. We look forward to seeing you soon.”
You may also want to watch:
The friends hold around a dozen events each year to pull in the pounds, with other fundraisers including a 1940s themed afternoon tea, coffee mornings, fashion shows and the group also helps at the Leman 4 Life fundraiser at the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay