Charity friends group to host first event of the year with breakfast fundraiser
- Credit: James Bass
The Beccles Friends of Cancer Research UK are set to host their first charity event of 2018.
The group, made up of a team of volunteers, formed more than 25 years ago to help in the fight against cancer and have raised almost £300,000.
Their first event of the year will be a Breakfast Morning held next Friday, February 23, between 8am and 11.45am at Beccles Public Hall.
The team will be serving a full English breakfast for £6 per person or a lighter option for £3 per person. A raffle will also be held.
A spokesman from the friends said: “As this is always a very popular event please contact Julia on 01502 475296 to book your breakfast. We look forward to seeing you soon.”
You may also want to watch:
The friends hold around a dozen events each year to pull in the pounds, with other fundraisers including a 1940s themed afternoon tea, coffee mornings, fashion shows and the group also helps at the Leman 4 Life fundraiser at the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months