Charity friends group to host first event of the year with breakfast fundraiser
- Credit: James Bass
The Beccles Friends of Cancer Research UK are set to host their first charity event of 2018.
The group, made up of a team of volunteers, formed more than 25 years ago to help in the fight against cancer and have raised almost £300,000.
Their first event of the year will be a Breakfast Morning held next Friday, February 23, between 8am and 11.45am at Beccles Public Hall.
The team will be serving a full English breakfast for £6 per person or a lighter option for £3 per person. A raffle will also be held.
A spokesman from the friends said: “As this is always a very popular event please contact Julia on 01502 475296 to book your breakfast. We look forward to seeing you soon.”
You may also want to watch:
The friends hold around a dozen events each year to pull in the pounds, with other fundraisers including a 1940s themed afternoon tea, coffee mornings, fashion shows and the group also helps at the Leman 4 Life fundraiser at the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 3 Town's post office to close within a month
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients