Beccles gets set for freaky fun at Halloween Ball
- Credit: Archant
A Halloween Ball will be raising money, not the dead, for two good causes in Beccles next Friday.
The event, which has been given a vampire and victims theme, has been organised by a group of friends from the town to raise money for Beccles Lido and the Public Hall.
There will be a free cocktail on arrival and entertainment will include a burlesque act, a surprise routine and an 80s disco.
People are encouraged to dress up, although it is not compulsory, and there will be prizes for the best dressed man, women and beast.
Paul Jackson, one of the organisers, said: “The idea was to put on a fun party for people in Beccles and their friends to come along, dress up, and be the real stars of the show.
“It fits in with other events that are happening in Beccles like the successful ghost walk that happens around the town and we thought it would be a good addition to the calendar.
“We wanted to give it a theme and we thought that victims was quite open to interpretation.
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 5 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 6 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 7 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 8 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 9 Quad bike rider in hospital with serious injuries after two-vehicle crash
- 10 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
“We will all be getting dressed up too.”
The team of eight, made up of Mr Jackson, Paul Williams, Pippa Drew, Giles Tubby, Daniel Smith, Alice Denham, Andrew Florides and Isabel Pollock, have set up the event under the name Glitterball Productions.
Nearly half of the 150 tickets have already been sold.
Mr Jackson said: “We started a Facebook page last week and we have over 300 followers. There’s a real buzz around it.
“We want to make it an annual event and intend to hold other fun events.”
The ball will run from 7pm to 11pm at Beccles Public Hall. The entertainment is appropriate for over 18s and there will be snacks.
Tickets cost £10 available from Wine Vaults, Saxon, Kulture Shock and Seasons Health Club.
Visit the Facebook page Beccles Halloween Ball ‘one hell of a party’.