Beccles Girls enjoy visit to Twickenham Stoop
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Girls Rugby Club visited Twickenham Stoop to watch Harlequins Ladies play Richmond Ladies.
The Tyrell’s Premier 15s League fixture last weekend broke the record for tickets sold for a ladies game with more than 4,500 tickets sold to watch Harlequins defeat Richmond 14-12.
Two of Richmond’s players are teachers who hail from east Suffolk.
Claire Phelps, a teacher at Bungay High School, and Jade Wong, a teacher at Saint Felix School in Southwold, are both fully qualified and very experienced rugby coaches and players.
Both have provided their playing and coaching expertise to the Beccles Girls Rugby Club over the years, with the girls from the club delighted to be able to support them at Twickenham Stoop.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining girls rugby is invited along to training on a Thursday from 7pm to 8.30pm at The Youth Hub, Beccles Rugby Club in Common Lane. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07713055479.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives