Beccles Girls enjoy visit to Twickenham Stoop
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Girls Rugby Club visited Twickenham Stoop to watch Harlequins Ladies play Richmond Ladies.
The Tyrell’s Premier 15s League fixture last weekend broke the record for tickets sold for a ladies game with more than 4,500 tickets sold to watch Harlequins defeat Richmond 14-12.
Two of Richmond’s players are teachers who hail from east Suffolk.
Claire Phelps, a teacher at Bungay High School, and Jade Wong, a teacher at Saint Felix School in Southwold, are both fully qualified and very experienced rugby coaches and players.
Both have provided their playing and coaching expertise to the Beccles Girls Rugby Club over the years, with the girls from the club delighted to be able to support them at Twickenham Stoop.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining girls rugby is invited along to training on a Thursday from 7pm to 8.30pm at The Youth Hub, Beccles Rugby Club in Common Lane. For more information contact email@example.com or call 07713055479.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed