Beccles groomer Tiffany is a real cut above the rest
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
In the dog eat dog world of animal grooming, one Beccles business owner has proved she’s a cut above the rest.
Tiffany Jennings, owner of Grooming at Tiffany’s on Blyburgate is now an International Master Groomer, joining an elite group of only around 20 in the whole country.
“I’ve been training for it for two years,” said Mrs Jennings. “And it’s a really small group of people who have got it, I’m the only one in Norfolk or Suffolk to have even started it.”
As the highest qualification in dog grooming, becoming a certified International Master Groomer involves both practical and written exams on kennel club breeds including anatomy, coat types and even different diseases.
“It has been a long two years” said Mrs Jennings. “But the industry is currently unregulated.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve done all these things so that people can come in and see that I do work to a standard.
“People know when they’re bringing their dogs here that I know what I’m doing with them.”
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
She has built up a strong reputation on the competition circuit, where she regularly shows her four poodles and last weekend competed in Scotland, coming back with two new first place rosettes.
And even before achieving her latest qualification, people were coming from far and wide to visit Mrs Jennings’ dog parlour.
She said: “People come from quite a way away.
“I’ve got one lady who comes from Peterborough to get her poodle groomed for competitions.”
And despite having been a groomer for 17 years, she shows no signs of wanting to move on to pastures new.
“I love it,” said Mrs Jennings. “I’m really passionate about grooming and I love learning about it.
“I’m so happy to have achieved the International Master Groomer.”
Have you got a Beccles story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org