Beccles groomer Tiffany is a real cut above the rest
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
In the dog eat dog world of animal grooming, one Beccles business owner has proved she’s a cut above the rest.
Tiffany Jennings, owner of Grooming at Tiffany’s on Blyburgate is now an International Master Groomer, joining an elite group of only around 20 in the whole country.
“I’ve been training for it for two years,” said Mrs Jennings. “And it’s a really small group of people who have got it, I’m the only one in Norfolk or Suffolk to have even started it.”
As the highest qualification in dog grooming, becoming a certified International Master Groomer involves both practical and written exams on kennel club breeds including anatomy, coat types and even different diseases.
“It has been a long two years” said Mrs Jennings. “But the industry is currently unregulated.
“I’ve done all these things so that people can come in and see that I do work to a standard.
“People know when they’re bringing their dogs here that I know what I’m doing with them.”
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 5 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 6 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 7 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 8 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 9 Quad bike rider in hospital with serious injuries after two-vehicle crash
- 10 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
She has built up a strong reputation on the competition circuit, where she regularly shows her four poodles and last weekend competed in Scotland, coming back with two new first place rosettes.
And even before achieving her latest qualification, people were coming from far and wide to visit Mrs Jennings’ dog parlour.
She said: “People come from quite a way away.
“I’ve got one lady who comes from Peterborough to get her poodle groomed for competitions.”
And despite having been a groomer for 17 years, she shows no signs of wanting to move on to pastures new.
“I love it,” said Mrs Jennings. “I’m really passionate about grooming and I love learning about it.
“I’m so happy to have achieved the International Master Groomer.”
Have you got a Beccles story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org