Beccles groomer Tiffany is a real cut above the rest
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
In the dog eat dog world of animal grooming, one Beccles business owner has proved she’s a cut above the rest.
Tiffany Jennings, owner of Grooming at Tiffany’s on Blyburgate is now an International Master Groomer, joining an elite group of only around 20 in the whole country.
“I’ve been training for it for two years,” said Mrs Jennings. “And it’s a really small group of people who have got it, I’m the only one in Norfolk or Suffolk to have even started it.”
As the highest qualification in dog grooming, becoming a certified International Master Groomer involves both practical and written exams on kennel club breeds including anatomy, coat types and even different diseases.
“It has been a long two years” said Mrs Jennings. “But the industry is currently unregulated.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve done all these things so that people can come in and see that I do work to a standard.
“People know when they’re bringing their dogs here that I know what I’m doing with them.”
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 6 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
She has built up a strong reputation on the competition circuit, where she regularly shows her four poodles and last weekend competed in Scotland, coming back with two new first place rosettes.
And even before achieving her latest qualification, people were coming from far and wide to visit Mrs Jennings’ dog parlour.
She said: “People come from quite a way away.
“I’ve got one lady who comes from Peterborough to get her poodle groomed for competitions.”
And despite having been a groomer for 17 years, she shows no signs of wanting to move on to pastures new.
“I love it,” said Mrs Jennings. “I’m really passionate about grooming and I love learning about it.
“I’m so happy to have achieved the International Master Groomer.”
Have you got a Beccles story? Email email@example.com