Beccles group holds first pop-up cafe
- Credit: Archant
Inside Out Beccles, a group formed to help people struggling with personal or social issues, has held its first pop-up cafe.
The cafe was set up in Beccles Library on April 10, and was an opportunity for people to meet and discuss the aims of the group and future plans for de-stress initiatives such as a new community allotment and mindfulness activities.
Inside Out Beccles was launched in February by Andrea Downes, who wants to remove the stigma attached to mental health and wellbeing issues and connect people with local groups which may be able to help.
Secretary Elfrede Brambley-Crawshsaw said: “Loneliness is a big factor for some people in our community and we hope that our pop-up cafe is a step in the right direction for addressing this.
“We had a brilliant time and it was a brilliant opportunity to discuss mental health issues openly. We will have another in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to find out more or join the committee can call 07773063083 or visit the Inside Out Beccles Facebook page.
- 1 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 2 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
- 7 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home