Beccles group holds first pop-up cafe
- Credit: Archant
Inside Out Beccles, a group formed to help people struggling with personal or social issues, has held its first pop-up cafe.
The cafe was set up in Beccles Library on April 10, and was an opportunity for people to meet and discuss the aims of the group and future plans for de-stress initiatives such as a new community allotment and mindfulness activities.
Inside Out Beccles was launched in February by Andrea Downes, who wants to remove the stigma attached to mental health and wellbeing issues and connect people with local groups which may be able to help.
Secretary Elfrede Brambley-Crawshsaw said: “Loneliness is a big factor for some people in our community and we hope that our pop-up cafe is a step in the right direction for addressing this.
“We had a brilliant time and it was a brilliant opportunity to discuss mental health issues openly. We will have another in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to find out more or join the committee can call 07773063083 or visit the Inside Out Beccles Facebook page.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing