Learn about work of Beccles Library trust at annual meeting
- Credit: Archant © 2008
Beccles Library Community Trust will be holding its annual general meeting on Tuesday, February 20.
The meeting will be held in the library off Blyburgate from 4pm and anyone interested in supporting the library and preserving its future is invited along.
The Friends of Beccles Library Community Trust exist to provide support to the library. The group undertakes fundraising events as well as helping to source and manage the sale of crafts and other items to raise money to be spent in the library.
The trust also works closely with the library manager to decide on priorities for improving the quality of the branch to make a more enjoyable visitor experience.
You do not need any particular qualifications to get involved, although the group is always on the lookout for people with enthusiasm and a passion for books and their community.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about joining the Friends group, contact the chairman Tony Brown by email on ALTBrown15@aol.com or call 07876708383.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 9 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 10 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it