Learn about work of Beccles Library trust at annual meeting
- Credit: Archant © 2008
Beccles Library Community Trust will be holding its annual general meeting on Tuesday, February 20.
The meeting will be held in the library off Blyburgate from 4pm and anyone interested in supporting the library and preserving its future is invited along.
The Friends of Beccles Library Community Trust exist to provide support to the library. The group undertakes fundraising events as well as helping to source and manage the sale of crafts and other items to raise money to be spent in the library.
The trust also works closely with the library manager to decide on priorities for improving the quality of the branch to make a more enjoyable visitor experience.
You do not need any particular qualifications to get involved, although the group is always on the lookout for people with enthusiasm and a passion for books and their community.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about joining the Friends group, contact the chairman Tony Brown by email on ALTBrown15@aol.com or call 07876708383.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price