Beccles Lions thank air ambulance with £1,500 donation
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been donated to one of the region’s most vital lifesaving services.
Beccles and Districts Lions Club donated a ‘Thank You’ cheque of £1,500 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service last month during a visit to its Norwich Airport base.
A Lions spokesman said: “This lifesaving service is a vital part of the local emergency services and it is entirely supported by voluntary donations.
“The reasons that people love Beccles, with its river, the surrounding marshes along with the large common are precisely the areas which brings the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service into its own.
“With no problem from traffic and the ability to quickly reach areas not accessible to the normal ambulance service the East Anglian Air Ambulance’s lifesaving ability is second to none.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the visit and tour of the air ambulance facility the Lions Club have vowed to continue fundraising for the service.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus