Beccles Lions thank air ambulance with £1,500 donation
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been donated to one of the region’s most vital lifesaving services.
Beccles and Districts Lions Club donated a ‘Thank You’ cheque of £1,500 to the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service last month during a visit to its Norwich Airport base.
A Lions spokesman said: “This lifesaving service is a vital part of the local emergency services and it is entirely supported by voluntary donations.
“The reasons that people love Beccles, with its river, the surrounding marshes along with the large common are precisely the areas which brings the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service into its own.
“With no problem from traffic and the ability to quickly reach areas not accessible to the normal ambulance service the East Anglian Air Ambulance’s lifesaving ability is second to none.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the visit and tour of the air ambulance facility the Lions Club have vowed to continue fundraising for the service.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more