Beccles Lions pair honoured after years of support
- Credit: Beccles Lions
A pair of Beccles Lions stalwarts have been recognised for all their efforts over the years.
The Beccles and District Lions club president and welfare officer presented Paul and Pat Lamb with an appreciation certificate in honour of all the support they have offered the club.
Fred Helsen, Lions president said: “We really value the generous giving and support people offer to the club and as Paul and Pat Lamb have been offering their time and support in various ways over the years, the club felt that we should recognise this by presenting them with our club’s appreciation certificate.
During the ceremony, the club’s welfare officer, Dermot Wesley-Smith talked about what the pair have done for the club since they first joined.
Each year without fail the pair have provided lots of goods for the Christmas parcels they produce for the elderly, as well as donating various items throughout the year as and when they can.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Over the years they have must have given hundreds, if not thousands of food items and they are always interested in what the club is doing within the community too.
“They have really been fantastic supporters of the club and we felt this was one way we could say thank you to them.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
Mr Lamb, added: “We know people need help at different times of the year so Pat and myself don’t really see what we do as being amazing.
“It’s just our way of helping people where and when we can. We also have seen how Beccles Lions and other local charities try to help people in need and we feel it is only right to support them when we can.”
The Beccles Lions which were formed in 1969, aims to help those less fortunate than themselves.
If you wish to know more about the Beccles Lions and the work they do please contact the club secretary Janet Ramsden on 01502 514284 or visit our club’s website at www.beccleslions.org.uk.
For those who are interested in becoming a member of Beccles Lions then telephone their membership chairman Geoff Moulton on 07810 502371.