Beccles Lions present £1,000 cheque to hospital day centre
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles and District Lions Club have presented a cheque for £1,000 to the Sandra Chapman Centre at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
The day centre provides treatment for people with oncology and haematology disorders and since its official opening in May 1992, around 50 to 60 patients attend the centre each day for treatments such as chemotherapy and blood transfusions.
Beccles Lions president Chris Eglington along with fellow member Keith Coomber, presented the cheque to Alison Kerrison, office manager of the Sandra Chapman Centre.
She thanked the Lions for their generous donation and said: “By using the centre on a day care basis it has meant patients who previously had to stay in hospital for several days can now remain at home and in their community.
Therefore all donations to the centre are appreciated and are spent on the latest medical equipment and staff training, as well as developing the service we provide, along with improving the comfort of the patients and their relatives.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Eglington said: “We are pleased to be able to support the Sandra Chapman Centre in this way and know the patients fully appreciate the help and support the centre offers. It’s amazing the difference it makes to people’s lives by having the opportunity to use the centre and it offers a real boost to the community.”
Mr Coomber, who has recently used the centre, added: “The staff do really make you feel so relaxed and comfortable while you’re having your treatment. They are so dedicated and helpful, they are all fantastic.”
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated
The Beccles and District Lions Club was chartered in 1969. Anyone who wants to find out more about the Beccles Lions can visit the club website at www.beccleslions.org.uk. And to find out more about the work of the Sandra Chapman Centre email Alison.email@example.com.